Real-Time Data and Event Management for Urban and Rural Catchment Modeling
Despite the widespread availability and use of 2D rainfall data and time-series network data (e.g., rain gauge, level gauge, flow gauge), collection system models are not continuously updated with real-time field and radar data. Their applications are therefore generally confined to offline analyses. While such analyses can provide useful information for network design and long-range capital planning applications, they lack the predictive accuracy critical to operational and emergency event management.
ICM TSDB (Time Series Database) provides accurate network performance and operational information from real-time data, enabling engineers and operators to quickly and reliably assess the integrity of the network and respond to potential overflows, flooding and other non-routine events. A powerful and comprehensive time-series database, ICM TSDB lets utilities archive, analyze and aggregate real-time and historical data, including radar images and meteorological forecasts, into user-defined actionable information. They can then use this data to drive simulations of past and future events for optimal management of integrated catchment systems.
ICM TSDB extends the utility of smart network modeling to encompass real-time field and radar data-driven simulations and predictive forecasting capabilities. It brings all relevant data from disparate sources into a single system readily available for detailed analysis using InfoWorks ICM. This enables operators to detect problems before they become events, and gives them crucial time to react and reduce or eliminate the impacts of these events. Such advanced capabilities greatly enhance the ability of wastewater utilities to predict flood risks, support cost-effective drainage management and online urban flooding forecasts, and improve drainage system operation.
ICM TSDB delivers a powerful combination of 2D rainfall data and time-series data, along with a suite of analytic and visualization tools that monitor the performance and capacity of collection systems. It gives users a comprehensive, real-time view into current system operations, enabling them to make informed, timely decisions.
ICM TSDB provides functionality including the import of rainfall and telemetry data within ICMLive. Further details of ICMLive can be found here: http://www.innovyze.com/products/icm_live/.
Discover some of the many benefits of ICM TSDB:
- Flexible import, storage and export of time-series data including import from existing InfoWorks ICM events
- Import, storage and export of 2D rainfall data on a range of geometries (both Cartesian and Polar) with a variety of source formats
- Hold large amounts of data including 2D Radar data at very high resolutions such as the Xband radar (which has 250 meters resolution)
- Visualization and animation of 2D rainfall data
- Creation, storage and management of user edits of time-series data
- Addition of missing data or deletion/change of invalid data
- Creation of custom overrides of the base data (what-if scenarios)
- Merging of externally-supplied, user-edited and recurrent time series for input to a simulation or comparison with simulation results
- Interpolation of time-series data at various stages in the data flow
- Combination of rain gauge profiles and 2D rainfall profiles for direct simulation, including time-dependent prioritization of sources
- Ability to use non-regular time steps for time-varying data (e.g., inflows, levels)
- Seamless integration with any InfoWorks ICM model