Significant investment is spent on building and calibrating hydraulic models for planning. Unfortunately, these models often sit isolated from real-time sensor data and provide no value to operations and maintenance divisions.
In this session, we will cover the following lessons learned from these projects:
• Involve stakeholders within the operations team early to understand key KPI’s
• Emphasize simplicity and reliability in outputs over complexity
• Establish failover processes for live data streams used as inputs and boundary conditions
• Leverage multi-criteria alerting for critical events
• Build organizational trust over time and new applications will be discovered