Innovyze is seeking a Project Manager with a heavy emphasis on Hydraulic Software Implementations to join our Client Services Team, to assist our customers in the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global market-leading software company within the civil and environmental engineering field. We focus on water management including drainage design, flood management, water supply and asset management.
Our software relies heavily on database technologies and integration with third party applications to, for example, take rainfall data in real time and use it to manage flood risk within a catchment, or to take drainage asset information recorded on hand held devices and apply it to an asset database.
We recognise that, from time to time, our customers seek our software expertise in implementing our tools to their data and systems. Some of these implementations are over many months and require Project Management to coordinate our various staff and client management. The role is based in our Wallingford office although there may be short periods of secondment, including overseas, to set up systems in client offices.
The role will include the following activities:
A growing part of our business is providing services with a software sale. These services include Installation, Model Conversion, Software Customisation and Specialised Training. As Project Manager you will be providing costs to our Regional Sales Managers for these services, completing proposals and providing classic project management for the accepted proposals. Your goal is to foster a good relationship with the client and make sure our project deliverables are on time and on budget.
Technical Customer Support
During periods of low demand for implementation projects you will provide technical support for Innovyze products, by phone, email or web demonstration. Take ownership of enquiries and ensure that they are dealt with in a timely and professional manner. Consult with senior colleagues within the customer services team to ensure the best advice is given.
Ready to apply? Send us your CV.
- Manage multiple projects through full project lifecycle, from initial concept through to implementation and handover.
- Support the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility.
- Lead project planning, scheduling and reporting activities.
- Co-ordinate internal resources within cross-functional teams to deliver quality software to meet deadlines.
- Pro-actively communicate with internal and external stakeholders daily and manage their expectations.
- Regular monitoring of projects to stay within agreed time, scope and budgetary constraints, escalating any issues in a timely and concise manner.
- Accepting, adapting and controlling change within Projects.
- Pro-actively develop internal behaviors and processes by educating and implementing controls.
- Experience of leading in a software product development team, liaising with team members including software developers.
- Experience of resolving issues between stakeholders and business functions.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate and report across all areas of the business.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to evaluate information from multiple sources and understand a solution from the requirements.
- Taking the lead on feasibility and scoping exercises.
- To work with the programme and resource managers to agree on schedules and resources.
- Project expenditure forecasting and tracking.
- Identify risk and determine the methods to mitigate.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills, with ability to organise and present technical material in an easily understood manner.
Ready to apply? Send us your CV.
A little about us.
We are a passionate bunch. We care about our customers, our employees, the software products we build, and the communities we serve.
We are the global leaders in water infrastructure software. Our advanced simulation, operational analytics, and asset planning software provides our clients the confidence to make insight-driven, cost-effective decisions to deliver sustainable solutions for our communities and the environment.
What does Innovyze stand for? What matters to us as a company, in how we behave, internally and with customers? There are four company values that are really clear to us. Look anywhere in the company and you’ll see these playing out every day.
Qualifications & Experience
Professional and Educational Requirements
We are looking for an individual who is patient, engaging and knowledgeable when dealing with customers. They should be outgoing and enthusiastic when speaking with customers, but also self-motivated, with an attention to detail.
In addition, we are looking for someone ideally with:
- An enthusiasm for Project Management for software implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably in an engineering subject.
- Ability to discuss technical engineering subjects with the clients, including numerical methods (i.e. how the hydraulic engines calculate), asset management (e.g. discussing the use of CCTV coding to inform decisions), use of field data to inform organisational decisions (e.g. the type of analytics that should be set up in SCADAWatch).
- Project management credentials.
- Excellent communication skills including fluent spoken and written English and strong presentation skills.
- An ability to work with minimum supervision and to meet tight deadlines.
- Someone who is amiable and helpful when working in a team environment.
- Collaborative approach to working.
- Experience as a project manager of multiple projects which included configuring or implementing COTS software.
- Able to understand technical delivery issues and facilitate successful resolution.
- Strong estimation and budget scoping skills.
- Provide constructive challenge to requested changes / release content as appropriate.
- Spot warning signs early and provide a decisive response to delivery challenges.
- Analyse and evaluate pros and cons and identify risks to make decisions that take account of the wider context.
- Good at prioritising time-critical work.
- Identify the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations, to seek best option.
- Make difficult decisions by pragmatically weighing the complexities involved vs. the need to act.
- Push decision making to the right level within their teams.
- Confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to goals.