The Senior Numerical Software Engineer will support the development and maintenance of hydraulic and water quality simulation engines and data analysis tools in water and storm water infrastructure modelling software. Reporting to the Director of Product Development for its Americas operation, this position will be based in our Monrovia, CA office location.
- Work independently in development of new and maintenance of legacy computational engines.
- Work independently in the development of data analytics tools.
- Work closely with software solution team to provide simulation results and application API to engineering model applications.
A little about us.
We are a passionate bunch. We care about our customers, our employees, the software products we build, and the communities we serve.
We are the global leaders in water infrastructure software. Our advanced simulation, operational analytics, and asset planning software provides our clients the confidence to make insight-driven, cost-effective decisions to deliver sustainable solutions for our communities and the environment.
What does Innovyze stand for? What matters to us as a company, in how we behave, internally and with customers? There are four company values that are really clear to us. Look anywhere in the company and you’ll see these playing out every day.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in Civil Engineering, water resource engineering or other technical majors.
- 6+ years of research/professional experience in numerical algorithm development.
- Must be proficient in C++ programming.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and water quality modelling within open channel and pressured pipe systems.
- Prefer candidates with knowledge of R or Python.
- Prefer candidates with knowledge of EPANET and EPA SWMM5.
- Excellent communication skills required to interact with other software developers and to define problems and propose resolutions.
- Must work closely and well in a team.
- Good attention to detail, organized and methodical.
- Strong willingness to learn. Self-motivated and goal oriented.