We are seeking a Senior Software Automation Test Engineer to help advance our automation coverage for our desktop, web, and cloud-based solutions. The Senior Software Automation Test Engineer supports the efforts of the Development team by testing products and writing automated test scripts to ensure the software is fit for purpose and any bugs are detected and removed/resolved before the software reaches Innovyze customers. The position reports to the Senior DevOps Manager, US Operations and is based in our Monrovia, CA office.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, knowledgeable and creative automation test engineer who is ready to participate in an agile team environment and contribute to the success of Innovyze.
- Design, create and execute test plans/cases per technical specifications for testing software products
- Utilize Microsoft Azure DevOps tools to design, schedule and verify results of automated tests for Innovyze products
- Accurately report and manage defects
- Collaborate with product owners and developers to ensure products and enhancements are delivered to quality standards
- Define and promote automation best-practices and mentor junior automation engineers in those practices
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of Innovyze products and primary customer workflows
- Stay up to speed on new technologies and methodologies and use them to improve automated test efficiency and the quality of products
- Attend and actively participate in project meetings to review project requirements, use cases and test planning activities
- Participate in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Other duties as assigned
A little about us.
We are a passionate bunch. We care about our customers, our employees, the software products we build, and the communities we serve.
We are the global leaders in water infrastructure software. Our advanced simulation, operational analytics, and asset planning software provides our clients the confidence to make insight-driven, cost-effective decisions to deliver sustainable solutions for our communities and the environment.
What does Innovyze stand for? What matters to us as a company, in how we behave, internally and with customers? There are four company values that are really clear to us. Look anywhere in the company and you’ll see these playing out every day.
Qualifications & Experience
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent field
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in software testing with at least 5 years of experience working with software automation tools and/or writing automation scripts
- Hands-on experience working with Microsoft Azure DevOps tools
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners and work in a fast-paced environment
- Exposure to Cloud-based platforms and development
- Experience using version control systems such as Git
- Exposure to CAD, GIS and/or use of geospatial data
- Working knowledge of the Water/Wastewater industry preferred
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- US Citizen or Permanent United States Resident