This is an opportunity to be part of a Research & Development Team developing first class software products to support the worldwide success of Innovyze. We are looking for a junior/mid-level software developer for engineering, mathematical and technical applications. This role will be focused on desktop application development. You will be supported by other team members and be encouraged to develop new skills in a friendly, but highly productive, environment.
Our products run in the .NET environment; support environmental and engineering industries; and include water management and drainage design software. Our users range from civil engineers to landscape architects: you will need to demonstrate the ability to understand the technical nature of their work. You need to be a good communicator with written, verbal and presentational skills.
Your responsibilities will depend on your level of experience but will include:
- Programming: to develop new functions, implement feature requests and fix bugs
- Software design and specification, in collaboration with product managers
- Software testing and deployment of new products or features
- Writing software documentation
Ready to apply? Send us your CV.
A little about us.
We are a passionate bunch. We care about our customers, our employees, the software products we build, and the communities we serve.
We are the global leaders in water infrastructure software. Our advanced simulation, operational analytics, and asset planning software provides our clients the confidence to make insight-driven, cost-effective decisions to deliver sustainable solutions for our communities and the environment.
What does Innovyze stand for? What matters to us as a company, in how we behave, internally and with customers? There are four company values that are really clear to us. Look anywhere in the company and you’ll see these playing out every day.
Qualifications & Experience
- Computing, Mathematics, Science or Engineering degree or a related discipline
- Object oriented software development
- C# or VB.NET or C++
- 1-2 years' commercial experience
- Windows UI design using .NET
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices including unit testing and industry standard design patterns
- Use of source control systems (such as Team Foundation Server or GIT)
Nice to have:
- Exposure to GIS, and/or use of geospatial data
- Exposure to CAD
- Graphics technologies including OpenGL, DirectX
- Development of mathematical modelling software
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methods
- Development of applications for the water industry, environmental industries or site design