This is an opportunity to be part of a Research & Development Team developing first class software products to support the worldwide success of Innovyze. We are looking for a Software Developer to join our team. This role will be focused on web application development. You will be supported by other team members and be encouraged to develop new skills in a friendly, but highly productive, environment.
Our products support the environmental and engineering industries and include water management and drainage design software. Our users range from civil engineers to landscape architects: you will need to demonstrate the ability to understand the technical nature of their work and how it can be enhanced through software. You need to be a good communicator with strong written, verbal and presentational skills.
- Working within an Agile Development Team to implement agreed functionality
- Developing algorithms and writing code
- Partnering with fellow developers to estimate task durations and deliver timely results
- Performing peer reviews of code to ensure accuracy, quality and consistency
A little about us.
We are a passionate bunch. We care about our customers, our employees, the software products we build, and the communities we serve.
We are the global leaders in water infrastructure software. Our advanced simulation, operational analytics, and asset planning software provides our clients the confidence to make insight-driven, cost-effective decisions to deliver sustainable solutions for our communities and the environment.
What does Innovyze stand for? What matters to us as a company, in how we behave, internally and with customers? There are four company values that are really clear to us. Look anywhere in the company and you’ll see these playing out every day.
Qualifications & Experience
- A good understanding of CSS, UI frameworks and responsive design
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understand the principles of TDD, CI/CD, DevOps
- Passionate for ongoing learning as well as the desire to help people develop their skills
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices including unit testing and industry standard design patterns.
- Use of source control systems (such as Team Foundation Server or GIT).
- B.Sc. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Mechanical or Civil Engineering or equivalent
Nice to have:
- C# and .NET Core
- Experience in developing RESTful web APIs
- Experience with AWS and Azure
- Developing SaaS applications
- Knowledge of GIS technologies
- Knowledge of database technologies