We are seeking a Supervising Software Test Engineer to take ownership of testing and quality assurance for our agile software development teams in Monrovia, CA. The position will coordinate our growing test teams and be responsible for developing and running test plans, working closely with our Global Development and Product Management teams. The scope of work includes automated test development, manual testing and execution in cooperation with cross functional teams. Providing support for existing tools, identifying limitations with product solutions, and developing innovative and differentiated solutions will be part of the responsibility.
- Design, develop, and support reliable and scalable next generation testing solutions; manage a team of QA engineers who test software for their cross functional development teams.
- Work with the development teams and others across the company to ensure tests are constructed in meaningful and succinct ways.
- Lead technical discussions and provide insight, technical leadership and mentoring to others.
- Lead the QA team and work with others across the company to ensure you’re building the modules in the right way.
- Conducts root cause analyses and process improvements to drive defect prevention
- Defines high-level test plans, creates test cases and executes them (both manually and automatically) for functional, integration, system and regression testing.
A little about us.
We are a passionate bunch. We care about our customers, our employees, the software products we build, and the communities we serve.
We are the global leaders in water infrastructure software. Our advanced simulation, operational analytics, and asset planning software provides our clients the confidence to make insight-driven, cost-effective decisions to deliver sustainable solutions for our communities and the environment.
What does Innovyze stand for? What matters to us as a company, in how we behave, internally and with customers? There are four company values that are really clear to us. Look anywhere in the company and you’ll see these playing out every day.
Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrate clear understanding of Git within Azure Dev Ops Server environment along with test case management tools like Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and release management tools like Microsoft Release Manager (RM) or their software development lifecycle application equivalent.
- Experience managing complex projects and leading software development a plus
- Excellent communication skills required to interact with end users and to define problems and propose resolutions.
- 7+ years industry experience working in a QA lead/team manager role and fast paced agile development environment and working on high-performance, high availability, distributed systems.
- US Citizen or Permanent United States Resident preferred.