Innovyze seeks a Technical Support Engineer, specifically with a background in hydrology and hydraulics for stormwater systems, to join our Client Services team in our Brisbane, QLD office. The role involves supporting our customers from around the world in the use of our software products. The emphasis will be on supporting our hydrologic and hydraulic modelling products and our Asset Management products.
Technical Support Engineers perform all or some of the following activities:
- Provide GIS/engineering/modelling support, specialty modelling services, and training to our client base
- Support customers with their software installations, configurations, updates and upgrades
- Independently determine and develop solutions to technical problems
- Assist in development of product videos, users guides/manuals, and help files
- Support a variety of software products and assumes multiple task responsibilities
- Consistently maintain client satisfaction that results in potential opportunities and excellent Company references
- Interact professionally with clients, colleagues and Client Service Managers
- Conduct software training courses both in Innovyze offices and at client sites
- Make presentations to clients and at professional and industry conferences as needed
- Periodically participate in tradeshows, user meetings, and booth exhibits as needed
- Minimum travel may be required to fulfil training, conferences and tradeshow activities
The selected candidate will be expected to support our customers in the use of our software products from initial installation through to everyday use. The role will require a good degree of knowledge of the Innovyze Water, Wastewater, Stormwater and Asset Management products. The role may involve short term travel, for example conducting a 2-day training course at a client site. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
An ideal candidate will have experience in creating or approving stormwater designs and is familiar with typical workflows, principles and regulations of drainage systems.
Ready to apply? Send us your resume. Please state in your covering email the job title and location you are applying for.
A little about us.
We are a passionate bunch. We care about our customers, our employees, the software products we build, and the communities we serve.
We are the global leader in water infrastructure software. Our advanced simulation, operational analytics and asset planning software provides our clients the confidence to make insight driven, cost-effective, decisions to deliver sustainable solutions for our communities and the environment.
What does Innovyze stand for? What matters to us as a company, in how we behave, internally and with customers? There are four company values that are really clear to us. Look anywhere in the company and you’ll see these playing out every day.
Professional and Educational Requirements
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil, Environmental or Water Resources Engineering with at least two (2) years specific experience in hydraulic modelling
- Knowledge of hydraulic and asset performance modelling with Innovyze software, and ESRI GIS preferred
- Experience in writing and presenting technical documentation
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be client oriented and able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Proactive in monitoring and resolving customer issues
- Keen to learn and able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Team player with a positive attitude and flexibility in an environment of tight deadlines, unexpected changes and interruptions
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative and anticipate needs, learning to work independently and carry projects through to completion with moderate guidance/direction