Step 1: Download Configuration File
The software installation will require a configuration file that will be requested during the installation process. Please download the following file and keep it in a handy location.
Step 2: Download xpswmm
Tips during installation:
- In order to install the program the user must be logged in with administrative privileges.
- If installing on Windows 7 or 8, right mouse click on the downloaded file and choose "Run as administrator".
- Install it to the default folder of C:\Program Files (x86)\Innovyze\xpswmm2018.1.
- During the installation it will require the above file named xpswmm.xcf.
- The program does NOT require a password to start the installation process.
Choose the standalone (NOT the network version) version of xpswmm requiring hardware locks, the instructor will bring the locks to the training.
Step 3: Download the Workshop Sample Files
After the program is installed and updated the sample files should be installed to the c:\xps\workshop folder by executing the self extracting zip file "modules_2018_1.exe". This file is a self extracting .ZIP file containing all of the workshop example source material.
Save and proceed by installing to the default directory: c:\xps\. Note: You may need to overwrite the default location.
Download the Sample Files for U.S. and Canada
Download the Sample Files for Asia Pacific and Europe
Step 4: Computer Configuration
A few changes to the computers will help the use of xpswmm for the training period.
- Use a minimum of 1280x1024 or 1280x768 or 1280x800 in order to yield enough space for the work environment and closely match the instructor's projection.
- In Windows Explorer: turn off the option to hide file extensions of known file types. Extensions of xpswmm files are very important and they will need to be visible.