Updated: July 6, 2021
Protecting your privacy is important to Innovyze. This Privacy Statement explains how Innovyze processes personal data collected through websites, products, and services (“applications”), including those distributed by our resellers and other channel partners, and through in-person and digital events, webinars, surveys, marketing activities, and visits to our premises (along with applications, collectively our “offerings”). References to “Innovyze,” “we,” or “our” means Innovyze, Inc. and other entities that belong to the Innovyze corporate family and that link to this Privacy Statement.
We may display supplemental privacy notices on occasion, such as when we believe additional transparency would help you make an informed choice about whether to provide personal data. For example, you may see a supplemental privacy notice explaining a particular data collection program, or you may see a supplemental privacy notice when registering for an event.
This Privacy Statement describes how we process personal data for our own purposes. We also process personal data on behalf of our customers subject to a written contract. We do not control the data processing or protection practices of our customers, which may differ from those set out in this Privacy Statement.
“Personal data” is information that identifies, or can reasonably be linked directly or indirectly to, an identifiable person. Personal data does not include information that is anonymous, de-identified, or aggregated, as those terms may be defined under applicable law. For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “personal data” and “personal information” have the same meaning and are used interchangeably.
What Information Does Innovyze Collect About You?
Information you provide us:
We collect information directly from you, such as when you sign up for an account or use our offerings, register a product or service, sign up for our newsletter or for one of our events, interact with one of our events, surveys, activities or with social media, visit our premises, or otherwise contact us. The types of information we may collect from you include:
- Identifiers, such as your name, telephone number, physical and/or email addresses, IP address, account username, and account password.
- Professional information, such as your occupation, industry, professional licenses, work experience and employment history, and other qualifications.
- Commercial information, such as details about your subscription plans, the offerings that you have purchased, used and/or expressed interest in, and events you have attended.
- Financial account information, such as payment information you provide when making a purchase of or through an offering (a third party processes these transfers on our behalf as described below).
- Education information, such as your educational background.
- Visual, audio, and electronic information, such as your picture or signature; records of our interactions, such as correspondence, details of complaints and their resolutions, service records; your preferences, including your preferred tools, experience, language, and the frequency at which you wish to receive marketing communications.
When you make purchases, we use a payment processor, Digital River, and do not store credit card or other financial information (other than confirmation that payment in a certain amount has been made). We collect contact and account information from you that we pass through to the payment processor to facilitate the transaction. For more information you can contact our provider as set forth in their privacy notice.
Information we obtain or generate:
We automatically collect or generate certain personal information about you based on your interactions with us, such as when your use our offerings, and we may associate that information with your account. The information we collect includes:
- Identifiers, such as unique user identifiers, unique device identifiers, IP addresses, cookie identifiers, information about product licenses, and usernames.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the website domain visited; which activities and offerings are used, how, and for how long; posts, discussions, and other types of engagement with us, including on our blogs, discussion forums, or chat rooms; the use of any hyperlinks or downloadable content available through the offerings.
- Geolocation information
- Electronic information, such as information about operating systems, device types, information about browsers, information relating to automatic updates and technical errors, information about your use of our offerings, including your preferred tools and experiences, and your engagement with our activities.
- Commercial information, such as records about interest in our offerings or completed purchases.
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal and offering usage information available to us.
Information we collect from other parties:
We receive and process information from our affiliates and from third-party sources, such as employers, business partners, business contact databases, enrichment services, channel partners (e.g. resellers), marketing service providers, third-party data aggregators, and social networking services and platforms (e.g., LinkedIn and Facebook). We also receive information from publicly available sources and licensors. The categories of personal information we collect from these sources include:
- Identifiers, such as names, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Professional information, such as occupations, industries, professional licenses, work experience and employment histories, and other qualifications.
- Education information, such as educational background.
- Commercial information, such as events attended or activities participated in.
- Inferences, such as regarding usage information and preferences, behaviors, and other attributes.
In accordance with applicable law, we may combine personal data with information we collect from other parties to help keep our databases current and accurate, and to provide you with more relevant content, experiences, applications, and other offerings.
How Does Innovyze Use The Information It Collects About You?
We use your personal data mindfully, and in useful ways, including:
- To validate your identity as necessary to perform our contract with you.
- To deliver services, products, and other offerings, including information such as personalized insights and recommendations, as necessary to perform our contract with you.
- To send you important information, such as about your account or purchases, within the scope of our contract with you.
- To send you information you requested to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you or, when not necessary to perform a contract, in furtherance of our legitimate interest, for example in responding to customer inquiries.
- To maintain and improve the security of, and to troubleshoot any issues relating to, our offerings as necessary to perform our contract with you or, when not necessary to perform a contract, in furtherance of our legitimate interest in protecting our business.
- To anonymize, aggregate, or de-identify your personal data so it can no longer identify you in furtherance of our legitimate interest in conducting research and analysis.
- To develop and improve our current and future offerings and your experience, including through the use of automated systems that analyze data using machine learning and other analytic techniques, in furtherance of our legitimate interests or, where needed, with consent.
- To understand the ways our offerings are used and who is using them in furtherance of our legitimate interest in improving our offerings and the overall user experience or, where needed, with consent.
- To analyze information about how you interact or may interact with us or our offerings in furtherance of our legitimate interest in improving our offerings and your experience with us or, where needed, with consent.
- To make strategic decisions concerning our business operations, including reporting on the performance of our business, in furtherance of our legitimate interest in making those decisions or, where needed, with consent.
- To send you learning content, tutorials, suggestions, newsletters, surveys, or other information, including information that may be relevant to your interests or preferences, in furtherance of our legitimate interest in improving your customer experience or, where needed, with consent.
- To send you promotional offers, advertising, or other marketing content in furtherance of our legitimate interest to engage in direct marketing or, where needed, with consent.
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address non-valid use such as through fraud and software piracy (e.g., to confirm that software is genuine and properly licensed) and to protect you, Innovyze, and/or third parties in furtherance of our legitimate interests.
- To enforce, and review compliance with, the legal terms that govern our offerings in furtherance of our legitimate interest in ensuring adherence to the relevant terms.
- To comply with our legal obligations under applicable laws.
- To protect the rights, safety, and property of Innovyze, you, or any third party in furtherance of our legitimate interest in protecting us, our users, and third parties.
- For other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
- As further described in our offerings, such as in a supplemental notice, or in our About Boxes (which may be available via Settings in your application).
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the contact details below or as otherwise indicated to you in writing.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information, we balance your rights against ours so that our interest is not overridden by the interests you have to protect your information.
You may also have the right to object to that processing on the basis of circumstances specific to you. For more information, see “What Rights and Choices Do You Have?” below.
When we process personal data about you to comply with legal requirements or to perform our obligations under a contract with you or with our customer through whom you use our offerings, failure to provide such data may prevent or delay our fulfillment of these obligations.
How Does Innovyze Disclose Your Personal Data?
We disclose the categories of information described above to the following categories of persons:
- Our service providers, including vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform services or functions on our behalf, for business purposes. For example, our service providers include companies who support us with marketing, sales, consulting, communications, software maintenance and support, analytics, market research, auditing for valid use, license compliance, security, user verification, localization, and payment processing. Our service providers process your information subject to contractual terms that restrict their ability to use your information.
- Our business partners, such as integration partners, channel partners (e.g., resellers), event sponsors, partners, and attendees, and Ad Partners, with whom you interact to facilitate your relationship with Innovyze and those business partners for any of the purposes described in our or those business partners’ privacy statements.
- Our affiliates, for any of the purposes and uses of information described in this Privacy Statement, including providing you with integrated offerings (including administering purchases, services, and payments across our integrated offerings) in furtherance of our legitimate interests.
- Social networking services and platforms to connect with or share information publicly, with service providers, or with your contacts on such services or platforms.
- Persons to whom we are required by law to provide information, such as pursuant to a subpoena or a court order.
- Law enforcement, legal counsel, or other reasonably necessary parties when we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud or software piracy, defend ourselves against attacks, or protect the rights, property, and safety of Innovyze, our customers, and the public.
- Persons involved in the consideration, negotiation, completion of a business transaction, including the sale, merger, consolidation, acquisition, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy, or reorganization, and any subsequent integration.
We may also disclose your personal information to other parties when we have your consent to do so or when you direct us to, for any purposes requested or permitted by you.
We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified demographic, statistical, and other information regarding use of our offerings with third parties for marketing, analytics, planning, and other purposes. Such information will not specifically identify any particular user.
How Does Innovyze Protect Your Data?
We maintain a combination of reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technological controls to protect your data from unauthorized access or malicious actions. We take reasonable steps to limit the access employees, contractors, and agents of Innovyze have to your personal data to those who need to know this data to perform their assigned functions.
What Rights And Choices Do You Have?
Certain jurisdictions grant individuals additional rights with respect to their personal data. Depending on where you live or applicable law, you may also have the right to:
- Seek confirmation of whether we process your personal data
- Access your personal data
- Object to our processing of your personal data
- Have us block, anonymize, or delete your personal data, as appropriate
- Receive a copy of your personal data in a portable format to transfer it to a third party
- Opt-out of certain direct marketing communications
- Correct your personal data
- Not be denied a good or service for exercising your rights, though you may be provided a different level of service or charged a different rate or price consistent with applicable law
- Withdraw your consent, where we process your information on the basis of consent
- Lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in the jurisdiction in which you are located
These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law. For example, even if you ask us to delete your personal information, we may need to retain it to complete transactions you have requested, to comply with our legal obligations, or for other limited business purposes as required or permitted by law. To exercise applicable rights, please contact us.
Where we process personal data on behalf of our customers, we may refer the request to the relevant customer and cooperate with their handling of the request, subject to any special contractual arrangement with that customer.
California residents, please read the “Your California Privacy Rights” section for additional disclosures and information regarding your rights under California law.
What Are Innovyze’s Storage And Data Retention Practices?
We store your personal data and content on our servers and the servers of our service providers. Because we and our service providers maintain servers in global locations, your personal data may be transferred across national borders and stored on the servers outside of your country or region.
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the offerings that you are using or have requested, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, and as needed to comply with our legal obligations. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Does Innovyze Transfer Your Personal Data Across National Borders?
Because we are a global company, we transfer personal data across national borders to other countries, in compliance with the laws that apply to that data. Where required by law, we have put in place measures to adequately protect personal data that we transfer across borders. If you wish to obtain a copy of the safeguards that we use to protect personal data transferred across borders, please contact us using the information in the “How to contact us” section below.
What Are Innovyze’s Marketing And Advertising Practices?
You can limit the use of your information by participating Ad Partners for online behavioral advertising by using the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Your AdChoices tool. The Your AdChoices tool may not work if your browser does not accept third-party Cookies, and if you delete Cookies, use a different browser, or use a different computer, you will need to use the tool again to renew your opt out. As described in our Cookie Statement, you may be able to set your web browser to refuse certain types of cookies.
Innovyze currently does not respond to “do not track” signals.
How Does Innovyze Protect Children And Student Data?
Our offerings are made for the general public and are designed for adult users. We refer to these applications as “general interest applications.” We do not knowingly collect personal data from children in connection with general interest applications.
Is The Personal Data You Give Us Ever Displayed Publicly?
As always, we urge you to be mindful when deciding to disclose personal data, including on our offerings. Our offerings may allow you to post content, including comments, that can be visible to the public.
If you are posting information you do not want to be disclosed publicly, make sure you are using an offering that allows you to control who sees information you have posted.
Will This Privacy Statement Change?
We may change this Privacy Statement to reflect changes in the law, our data handling practices, or the features of our business. We will show the date the Privacy Statement was last updated to help you know when we change it. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will endeavor to provide you with notice before such changes take effect, such as through prominent notice on our website or services or by email.
How To Contact Us?
If you want to contact us, please use the following contact information. When you do so, please tell us the name of the offering about which you are contacting us:
T: +1 888.554.5022
Portland, Oregon (HQ)
6720 SW Macadam Avenue
Portland, OR 97219
Data protection officer: To contact our data protection officer, please use the contact information above.
Who Can I Contact With Questions Or Concerns?
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority of the United States of America, with a competent European supervisory authority or your local equivalent.
Your California Privacy Rights
We described several types of rights in “What Rights and Choices Do You Have?” above. If you reside in California, you have rights to access the specific pieces of your information, the right to know details about our processing of your information, the right to request deletion of your personal information, and the right to not be denied goods or services for exercising these rights. You can exercise those rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may need to verify your identity before completing your CCPA rights request. How we verify your identity depends on whether you hold an account with Innovyze:
- Individuals with Innovyze accounts can verify their identity by logging into their account.
- Individuals without Innovyze accounts (non-accountholders) will need to provide information establishing their identity to the degree of certainty required by law. We may ask non-accountholders to provide information such as name, e-mail addresses, and information relating to their use of the Innovyze websites or other offerings.
Persons authorized to submit requests on behalf of a consumer (“agents”) can submit a request by email to email@example.com. We may notify the consumer and require the consumer to independently verify their identity before fulfilling the authorized agent’s request.
We will retain certain information relating to your CCPA request to demonstrate compliance with the CCPA and to improve our consumer request process.
The following table provides a description of the personal information that we have disclosed for our business purposes and the categories of third parties that received the personal information.