Welcome to the InfoWater Pro UDF Training Seminar. This one-day course will introduce you to the unidirectional flushing (UDF) module in our water modeling product. The UDF is designed to help the user developing and managing a Unidirectional Flushing program for utilities of any size. The program combines the powerful modeling capabilities of InfoWater Pro with advanced geospatial analysis of ArcGIS for an unparalleled flushing creation and management package.
The learning objectives for the training seminar are as follows:
- Perform specialized analyses to create UDF master plan.
- Help water utilities develop effective UDF sequences for each flushing zone for minimum labor cost.
- Quickly identify which fire hydrants and water main valves should be manipulated for proper cleaning while avoiding excessive pressure drops and maintaining the desired level of hydraulic performance in the distribution system.
- Define unique conditions for flush zone, minimum flushing time, total flushing volume, pipe length, flushing velocity, and shear stress for every pipe in the sequence, and available flow and minimum residual pressure for fire hydrant.
- Monitor the hydraulic impact of each flushing sequence to ensure that the desired minimum pressure is maintained throughout the system
- Compute, review and report results for every flushing sequence in the model.
- Two Monitors
The web training will be conducted in three hour sessions twice a day. Please, see the training agenda for more information on the material covered in each session.
Reserve your space - click the course date in the blue panel. Or for future dates, contact us.
Once you have reserved your space, you will receive a follow up email with registration information.
- 8:00 am – 11:00 am MST Morning Day 1:
- Section 1. Introduction to Unidirectional Flushing
- Section 2. Interface Overview
- Section 3. Preparing a UDF Simulation
- 1:00 – 4:00 pm MST Afternoon Day 1:
- Section 4. Flush Zone Management
- Section 5. Flush Sequencing
- Section 6. Viewing Results