Two-day XPSWMM/XPStorm training workshop with detailed instruction on XPSWMM/XPStorm key features and practical step-by-step exercises to enhance learning objectives.
This class will focus on stormwater modeling, starting with basic hydrology and hydraulics on day one while building user interface skills. The second part of day one will provide more in-depth instruction and modeling techniques for stormwater sizing and design and the techniques for simulation of dual drainage and storage. The second day will include 1D channel modeling and flood mapping and in the latter part of that day introduce integrated 1D/2D modeling. The Integrated 1D/2D modeling includes open channels and closed conduit storm drain systems that provide the best description of urban and rural flooding.
Innovyze workshops cater to a variety of skill levels. However, to make the best use of class time it is recommended that anyone who attends a training go through the Getting Started Manual for XPSWMM/XPStorm. This requires access to a license for the software. If you do not have access to a license, please contact your sales representative.
The web training will be conducted in three-hour sessions twice a day. See the agenda for the material covered in each session.
Reserve your space - click the course date in the blue panel. Or for future dates, contact us.
Once you have reserved your space, you will receive a follow up email with registration information.
- Two monitors
- ArcGIS license
- Capability to Print Training Material
8:00 – 11:00 am Mountain Standard Time (MST)
- Chapter 1 – XPSWMM/XPSTORM Product Overview and User Interface Introduction
- High-level overview of software purpose and capabilities
- Chapter 2 – Stormwater Hydrology
- Model Build from GIS and Other Sources
- Global Storms
1:00 – 4:00 pm MST
- Chapter 3 – Stormwater Hydraulics
- How to build a model from GIS data
- Chapter 11 – Advanced Hydraulics and Design Tools
- Pipe and Pond Sizing
- Dual Drainage and Inlet Capacity
8:00 – 11:00 am MST
- Chapter 10 – Open Channel Modeling
- Import River Model from HECRAS
- Create 1D Flood Maps
- Chapter 12 – 1D/2D River Modeling
- 1D/2D Theory
1:00 – 4:00 pm MST
- Chapter 12 continued – 1D/2D River Modeling Results
- Chapter 13 – 1D/2D Urban Modeling
4:00 pm MST – End of training
August 12, 2020 - August 13, 2020
$1,700 (includes training materials). Additional registrants from the same company location are discounted 25% for the same course.Register for Event