Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) are now a central requirement of planning policies in the UK and Ireland. Approving authorities will not accept plans that do not consider SuDS solutions. MicroDrainage has played a central role in making SuDS a practical, measurable addition to the engineer's options for control and flood prevention.
Reserve your space - click the course date in the blue panel. Or for future dates, contact us.
Who will benefit?
All drainage and development control engineers within consultancies, their clients, and the approving authorities and regulators. A good knowledge of MicroDrainage> is essential.
What will they learn?
As well as the practical application of the MicroDrainage SuDS capabilities, engineers will gain an understanding of SUDS policies in England, Wales, Scotland & Ireland.
Course covers the five stage SuDS design methodology applied within MicroDrainage, including:
- Feasibility and planning - assessing the viability of SuDS in the context of specific projects
- Quick sizing to determine the likely capacity
- Detailed design of a SuDS system
- Working with cascades and treatment trains
- Holistic analysis, encompassing SuDS and conventional controls, within Simulation
The course combines tutor-led teaching with worked examples and hands-on learning. A final design exercise provides the opportunity to integrate different SuDS structures fully into the treatment train.