A comprehensive introduction to sewerage system design and analysis.
Who will benefit?
This is an essential course for anyone new to storm or foul water design and analysis. It is also necessary for those wishing to update their knowledge, gain an understanding of the latest industry best practice and avoid common mistakes.
What will they learn?
The course starts with a short introduction to the drainage industry, relevant legislation and common terminology. You then complete a series of short exercises designed to introduce new concepts one stage at a time. Each day ends with some longer exercises based around real world examples.
Reserve your space - click the course date in the blue panel. Or for future dates, contact us.
The course covers the main functionality of MicroDrainage, including:
- Design criteria
- Design rainfall and rainfall theory
- Pipe design including:
- Meeting “Sewers for Adoption” design standards.
- Non-standard pipe shapes
- Discharge to existing networks
- Avoidance of other services, such as gas mains.
- Storm, foul and combined inputs
- Above and below ground storage
- On-line and off-line flow control
- Limitation of discharge to local watercourses