Who will benefit?
Anyone designing or checking road layouts who wants to understand the process of road design as well as an optimised approach to completing designs. No previous experience of road design or the XPSite3D software is required for this introductory course.
What will they learn?
Participants will learn the basics of road design using the fastest and most efficient methods. Step by step guidance, including presentations, discussion and hands-on use of the software will take attendees through the design of road systems to serve typical applications, such as housing estates or industrial or retail parks. The interaction with the design of associated drainage systems is a key feature of the training.
The courses will be conducted using GoToTraining software, which allows two way communication between the instructor and the class.
To participate you will need two screens, one to run the software and the other to watch the presenter or their screen. A headset with microphone would also be very useful.
You will operate the software using a ‘virtual’ computer which we will provide and which you can access from your computer, whether from home or in the office. We will provide you with login details a day or so before the course starts. This virtual machine includes the software and data required to run the course. In other words, there is no need for you to install the software on your computer, to participate in the training.
Training notes will be posted to you in advance of the training.
Class sizes will be strictly limited as we understand the challenges associated with remote learning.
- Import of background data, such as AutoCAD layers
- Creation of roads including bends, kerbs and footpaths.
- Design of junctions, addressing safety issues associated with visibility
- Design of roundabouts including those on slopes
- Discussion of design considerations such as speed of approach to junctions
- Inclusion of traffic calming measures
- Vertical alignment design including ‘cut and fill’ considerations
- Specification of road drainage
- Issues associated with the presentation of designs to a variety of stakeholders
Reserve your space - click the course date in the blue panel. Or for future dates, contact us.
Once you have reserved your space, you will receive a follow up email with registration information.
ol engineers and contains elements of some other MicroDrainage courses.
July 14, 2020 - July 14, 2020
Not InfoCARE Customer - £625pp (plus VAT), InfoCARE Customer - £575pp (plus VAT)Register for Event